Ordinary Meeting Minutes 6/07/2015

PENSHURST PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of  the Ordinary Meeting of the Parish Council held on 6 July 2015 at 7.30 pm in Fordcombe Village Hall

1.         PRESENT:   Cllrs A Campbell (Chairman), J Cass, J Broadhead, I Carson, H Horsford, B Townsend, J O’Shea, R Rees

In attendance:   Robin Sellings, Speedwatch, Peter Johnson, Neighbourhood Watch and Almshouses,

2.         APOLOGIES:   Cllr S Frederick, KCCllr C Pearman, SDCllr P Cooke

      

3.         MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON 1 June 2015, proposed by Cllr Campbell, seconded by Cllr Rees, minutes approved.

4.        Recording of Meetings:  Cllr O’Shea had purchased a recording machine with single facility.   It was proposed by Cllr Campbell and seconded by Cllr Rees that this be approved, this was confirmed.   Cllr Campbell proposed that the Standing Order prohibiting the recording of meetings be suspended, this was seconded by Cllr Rees and agreed.

 

5.         MATTERS ARISING:    Covered in minutes

 OPEN SESSION          

 A problem with bollards preventing parking in the area of the Poundsbridge Church was reported.  Cllr Carson to check at church meeting and advise Cllr Campbell, it was thought the original bollards were installed to protect the verge.  Cllr Campbell also to check site.

Current applicants of Tree Tops at PORC introduced themselves.   Cllr Campbell advised there were local concerns regarding plans for the site, he proposed a meeting be arranged between the owners/applicants, residents and members of the PC available.  This was agreed.

Cllr Carson advised he had spoken with Graham Mackenzie who would deal with the shrub/tree at the bottom of Rogues Hill.   Cllr Carson was asked to speak with Mr Mackenzie again and advise that the PC considered the site of this to be causing a hazard for drivers.

6.         PLANNING

Applications:

SE/15/01122:             Salmans Farm, Salmans Lane, Penshurst: 

Erection of a steel portal frame.   PC Support  

SE/15/01234:             Courtlands Wood, Grove Road, Penshurst:  

Erection of steel portal frames barn.   PC Support

SE/15/00896:             Colquhouns, High Street, Penshurst: 

Rebuilding of damaged wall.    PC Support

SE/15/01362:             Gate Cottage, The Lane, Fordcombe: 

Demolition of existing garage, erection of side extension and garden room, addition of dormers and internal alterations.  Re-cladding of barn to convert into a garage.  Out of time.

SE/15/01344:             Garden Cottage, Walters Green Road, Penshurst: 

Proposed conservatory.   Withdrawn

SE/15/01602:             27 St Peters Row, Fordcombe. 

Erection of a single storey side extension.    PC  Support

SE/15/01565:             1 St. Peters Row, Fordcombe:  

Proposed loft conversion.    PC Support

SE/15/01522:             Harts, Walters Green Road:  Penshurst: 

Construction of all weather ménage, construction of stabling consisting of hay/bedding store, tack room, feed store and 2 No. Stables.    PC Support.  No lights were included in the site.

SE/15/01630:             Rogues Hill House, Rogues Hill, Penshurst:  

Proposed new vehicular access with new gates.   PC Support

SE/15/01657:             Netherwood, Smarts Hill, Penshurst:

Demolish conservatory, erection of south extensions, porch to east elevation loft conversion with dormer window.  Two roof lights and alterations to fenestration.   PC Support

SE/15/01592:             Pilgrims, The Lane, Fordcombe: 

Proposed erection of single storey extension to existing entrance porch chimney stack, verandah overhang on NW elevation extension to existing gable on NE elevation, external and internal alterations.   Garage alteration, conversion of first floor to habitable space3 and extension of attached terrace.    The PC support this application but would ask for confirmation that the proposed extension complies with the permitted increase, the building having already been extended during the 1980s.  

SE/15/01654:             Whitepost Farmhouse, Coldharbour Road, Penshurst:  Replacement garage and

store.   PC Support

SE/15/01735: Chafford Park Farm, Chafford Lane, Fordcombe: 

                                    Installation of rear dormers to roof and removal of rear rooflights.  Installation of

conservation rooflights to inner main roof slopes.  New windows at second floor level to west and east elevations, new soil and vent pipes, internal alterations.  Structural repairs to roof and renovation.    Outstanding, Cllr O’Shea to arrange site visit.

SE/15/01984: Thimble Hall Cottage, Fordcombe Road, Penshust: 

                                    Erection of a single storey side extension to east elevation and single storey side extension

to west elevation of existing dwelling.     Cllr O’Shea to arrange site visit

Licensing:                    15/01679: Grove Road, Penshurst.

The PC have the following concerns regarding the application: Safety:  Access for emergency vehicles / Potential fire risk due to materials from which the building is constructed. Public Nuisance: Increased traffic on Grove Road late at night/ Potential light pollution, particularly from outside areas and car park.  

Please Note: The plans submitted with the application are not of the existing building layout. In view of the above concerns the PC are unable to support the application.   Licence hearing scheduled for 20 July 2015

Decisions:  

SE/15/01234:  Courtlands Wood, Grove Road, Penshurst:   Erection of steel portal framed barn.                                           Prior approval not required as proposal qualified under forestry use. 

SE/14/03773:  The Bungalow, Daneby Hall, The Lane, Fordcombe:  Retrospective change of use of part of an existing building to a residential dwelling, with remainder of building used for purposes incidental to enjoyment of dwelling.   GRANTED      

Withdrawn:

            SE/15/01344:   Garden Cottage, Walters Green Road, Penshurst:  Proposed conservatory.   

 

Committee:    SE/15/01031:  The Sheiling, Coopers Lane, Penshurst:  Notification of application being considered on Development Control Committee at SDC on 9 July.   Cllr Cass advised that this had been recommended for approval, further information awaited.

 

7.         REPORTS:     (Received subsequent to agenda)

a.    Kent County Councillor Clive Pearman:    Herewith my up-date report for June.

Quite surprisingly, and in the face of my naive optimism that the month of June would herald a number of topics

relevant to town and parish councils, that optimism was seriously misplaced – there has been hardly anything of relevance to this primary tier of local authority services!  With regard to the few items that have been of some form of relevance, I have been able to send out to the Clerks as and when the particular detail has been released to the wider audience in the county.  Perhaps that is the real value of such devices as ‘press releases’ or other forms of notification – you can get them as soon as I receive them, rather than waiting until the monthly report is compiled and sent out.

The following is the summation of that information which I forwarded on to the Clerks, together with the date of dispatch.

29 June – Heatwave alerts – tips and best practice for getting through the current hot spell of weather, particularly for the elderly and the infirm.

 

There has, actually, been some very good information contained in the above releases, and I would therefore suggest that a re-read of them will be of benefit, particularly the last one, given that this period of hot and somewhat humid weather is set to continue a while longer.

 

And that, once again and with my personal thanks to all of you for your continued support, concludes my very brief report for June.  Let’s see what July brings!

 

b.    Sevenoaks District Councillor Paddy Cooke:  Cllr Cooke was checking:  Right to Buy,  the white lines outside the school, the coach road to farm and planning rules relating to size of vehicles used.  The PC noted that this could be an issue for Enforcement but it was suggested that the PC contact Pascals at Clockhouse in Linton to check that they were aware of the requirements of the planning approval.  The maximum size vehicle should be 8T.  It was agreed the PC write to the current company with a copy Colin Bastable.

 

c.    KALC:    Meeting scheduled for 15 September 2015.

        

d.    Alms Houses:  Submitted by Angela Hill – Clerk to Trustees:   In view of the 2011 Damp Report being considered out of date, an architect and a damp specialist had visited site, no costs were involved.  The external survey done earlier during the year would also be linked in and as soon as the damp report was complete a comprehensive list of works would be forwarded to Sevenoaks for approval before going out to tender.

 

e.    Neighbourhood Watch:  Crimes reported locally between 2 June and 3 July included windscreen wipers and exhaust box taken from a parked car located in the village; a quad bike was also stolen between 29 – 30 June from an outbuilding.   CCTV provided a record of the visit  of two young men in their car to a house in Penshurst.

 

f.     Speedwatch:    Cllr Campbell reported that 9 hours of checks had been carried out in June with 310 observation.   37 warning letter had been sent out, mostly for second offences and those doing more than twice the speed limited.   Few letters for more offences were now being sent out. 

    

g.    Gatwick Airport:   The recent report that Heathrow was favoured for the extra run way was welcome news although many were sceptical that the issue would end there.   A discussion on the current position took place, a judge was contemplating the current application for a Judicial Review submitted and the HWCAAG still wished to ensure that there was no further runway at Gatwick and no night flying.   With regard to the appointment of a representatives to attend the HWCAAG meetings the following members volunteered Cllrs A Campbell, J Cass, J Broadhead, R Rees; Cllr Rees might not be able to vote due to his interest in GON, the other three members will need to vote on individual issues and forward the result to the group on behalf of the PC.   The next meeting would be on 14 July, Cllr Cass to attend meeting at Eden Centre.

 

h.    Coach Road:  Mr Johnson continues to monitor the bridge and further increases in the crack in the parapet, possibly caused by the weight of lorries using the route.    This issue was covered earlier at the meeting.

 

8.         HIGHWAYS:  

Kerbstone – Junction Penshurst Road/High Street:  No further work undertaken to improve visibility of kerb on entry to Penshurst Road.

Pothole:  Towards Bidborough between Meadow Bank and Ashour.   Issue already raised by highways officer although no action taken to date.

150197:   Culverts/Ditches:  Clearance undertaken adjacent to Marlpit Cottages/Poundsbridge junction after inspection undertaken 20 March 2015.   Further clearance work requested by clerk by Alms Houses.

136309:  Drain:   Drain unblocked but still sunken, clerk to report again.

 Hedging:  Residents are reminded that hedges on their land adjacent to roads/pavements require cutting back in order to ensure the safety of pedestrians, currently area between Glebelands and the Primary School causing problems for parishioners.

30 MPH Sign – Spring Hill approaching Fordcombe:  obscured by foliage.

Hawthorn:  Obscuring sightlines approaching river bridge at Rogues Hill.

B2188 Saints Hill, Penshurst:  Notification received that KCC will be treating the surface of the B2188 between its junction with New Road and Colliersland Bridge on 30 July for approximately two days between 7am and 7pm.

Mr Johnson reported problems with traffic lights used during road works, recently units having been left at red on both ends for many hours at Long Bridge, Rogues Hill and New Road.

 

Coach Road Bridge:  Members were concerned at a report from Peter Johnson that Coach Road Bridge over the river Eden was showing sign of increased movement.  Cllr Frederick had visited and inspected with Mr Sellings. Photographs of the damage were passed to Councillors. 

 

9.         FINANCE:

The following accounts were presented and approved for payment:

 

            Mr I Streeter                                                                  Lengthsman                               £89.00

            Invicta Weeds Ltd                                                          Fordcombe Weed Control            £192.00

            Oast and Oak Services                                                    Churchyard Mowing                    £1037.95

            Oast and Oak Services                                                    Churchyard Mowing                    £815.76

           

10.       CORRESPONDENCE:    Emails covered in meeting minutes.

 

11.       ANY OTHER BUSINESS:

a.         Colliersland Bridge:   Road breaking away past last entrance to field, Cllr Horsford to discuss with Environment Agency

b.         30 MPH Signs:  Entering Fordcombe village, Cllr Horsford to check if obscured by overgrown vegetation.

c.         Speedwatch:   Cllr Carson asked to assistance with problems caused by high speed skip lorries through the village near the school at school time.   The Speedwatch team would check the areas.

d.         Potholes Poundsbrige – Coopers Lane:   Cllr Horsford reported potholes at the top end of Coopers Lane, check to be made on forthcoming road works.

e.         GON Accounts:   Cllr Rees advised that the accounts for GON would soon be available but would only indicate the income and expenditure.  Cllr Campbell advised he would provide information regarding the S137 payments in order that the group were aware of what was required for the PC to provide any funding.

Meeting concluded at 8.25 pm                                                                       Next Meeting – 3 August 2015