Ordinary Meeting Minutes 1/06/2009

 

 
 
Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of Penshurst Parish Council held on Monday 1 June 2009 at 7.30 pm in Penshurst Village Hall
1.            PRESENT:   Cllrs Mrs D Broad (Chairman), A Campbell, D Geal, M Gilbert, Mrs A Hill, R Sellings
 
APOLOGIES:   Cllrs R Horsford, S Frederick, C Viccars.   These were approved. SDCllr P Cooke, KCCllr Lake.  
 
2.            MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON 5 May, having been circulated were approved and signed by the Chairman.
Declarations of Interest in Agenda Items  
If a Member has a prejudicial interest, this should be declared at the start of the meeting.
Personal interests may be declared at this point or alternatively can be declared at the time when the specific item is being discussed, if a Member wishes to speak on an item in which s/he has a personal interest.    None    
3.            MATTERS ARISING:
 
a.            Fordcombe Hospital Bus Stop:    Emails sent to Spire Hospital and Ashurst Park Care Home to ask for support in providing written representations to Speldhurst PC for a hardstanding at the bus stop. Clerk had been advised by the Speldhurst clerk that no approaches had been made by the organisations. Clerk to contact again.    (Emails forwarded 2.6.09)
 
b.         Public Toilets:    Cllrs Sellings, Geal and Campbell met with Richard Wilson of SDC to discuss options.    Costs of maintenance provided for PC for discussion.   Members agreed in principle to the parish acting to maintain the facilities, further investigation into options available to be made prior to final decision during precept calculations.   Clerk to contact Penshurst Place regarding involvement in project together with parking facilities for parish.             
c.            Penshurst Bus Shelter Roof: Cllr Geal advised minor adjustments required, work would be completed within the next few days.
 
5.            REPORTS:
 
a.            Swaylands:   Cllr Sellings advised only minor works were being undertaken.
  
b.         Kent County Councillor:     Cllr Lake was not permitted to attend the meeting due to the imminent election but advised Cllr Gilbert that he had registered his concern with county at the unacceptable standard of verge cutting undertaken in the parish.
 
c.            Sevenoaks District Councillor:   No report     
 
d.         KALC:    No report
 
e.         Community Officer :    Problems had been experienced in Poundsbridge Churchyard with vagrants camping.   Equipment was found on site, Peter Johnson had reported this to PCSO Anne King Scott 
6.            HIGHWAYS: 
 
Annual Highways Meeting:    Cllr Gilbert to finalise list for submission to highways in preparation for meeting, email to go to Sue Ireland with Cllrs Cooke and Lake copied in.    The standard of verge cutting had been appalling, this had been reported to highways by the PC and by Cllr Lake, no response had been received.
OPEN SESSION   
Clerk to provide highways address for parishioner in relation to footpath issue.
Map tabled covering conservation area in Penshurst.
Letter forwarded to Trustee of Almshouses from Government regarding ownership.
Tree fallen in river 150 yds from Rogues Hill Bridge, Cllr Sellings to discuss with tenant farmer, clerk to be advised if necessary to contact estate.
Footbridge at Poundsbridge damaged again, clerk to contact footpaths department and report.   (Advised this would be replaced next year, possibly with metal bridge)
7.            PLANNING:
Planning Applications:
 
SE/09/00780: The Bottle House, Coldharbour Road, Penshurst:   Internal boiler replacement with condensing oil fired boiler. The PC have concerns about the installation of the boiler above the flat roof, this is apparently not best practice as advised by the manufacturers. There is no catch pit to deal with oil leaks should these occur at some point in the future.
SE/09/00849:   Salmans Oast, Salmans Lane, Penshurst: Erection of extending link building and internal alterations.   The PC have concerns at the expanse of glass on the south elevation and the consequent impact on the privacy of the adjacent property.
SE/09/00928: Penshurst Winery, Grove Road, Penshurst: Minor external alteration to existing approved planning application SE/06/0031 – Change of use from agricultural/commercial/
Residential to residential only.   The PC feel that this basic structure would have been best originally demolished in order to facilitate a more appropriate structure in this area; with regard to the current application and the plans for disposal of the waste water members feel this must be carefully designed in order that there is no consequent impact on the nearby river.
 
DECISIONS:    None 
 
TREE SURGERY:    None 
8.            CORRESPONDENCE:
a.         SDC:   Young People’s Action Plan 2009-2012
b.         Kent Air Ambulance Trust:   Venues sought to Textile Bank to aid fund raising.
c.            Penshurst Primary School:   Letter regarding parking problems in parish
d.         KCC: Information on Kent Minerals and Waste Development Framework
e.         SDC: Applause Rural Touring – Menu of Events Autumn 2009
9.            FINANCE:
 
The following accounts were presented and approved for payment:        
Mr I Streeter                                          Lengthsman                                                        78.00
RIP Cleaning Services                                    Dog Waste Removal                                      34.50
Penshurst Place                                     Allotment Rental                                                  7.50
 
a.            Allotments:   In view of the current waiting list, letters had been forwarded to allotment holders with untended capacity.   One had agreed to relinquish an area; one allotment holder had attended the meeting and requested he retain an additional small area he had been mowing.   He was advised that this area and the balance of the existing area was to be cultivated.   No response had been received from the third allotment holder.
10.       ANY OTHER BUSINESS
 
a.    Road Signs:   There were still road speed signs missing in Coldharbour Road

Meeting concluded at 8.35 pm            Next Meeting 6 July 2009 Fordcombe